International Child Abduction
We can also, in certain circumstances, defend proceedings issued against you if you are the alleged abducting parent.
Book your free consultation today.
As experts in Child Abduction cases, we are:
- Members of the International Child Abduction & Contact Unit panel of solicitors (CACU)
- Experienced in child abduction cases around the world
- A member of the Child Abduction Lawyers’ Association
- Regularly working closely with Reunite – the leading UK charity specialising in the movement of children across international borders
- Able to act in cases involving the Hague Convention, Pakistani Protocol or the inherent jurisdiction of the court. You can find a list of Hague Convention countries here.
Guaranteeing swift action and expert advice, we will act on your behalf if your child has been taken out of – or brought into – the UK without your permission. If your child has been taken to another country without your consent, this is classed as child abduction, even if it is the mum or dad that has taken the child. Legally, it’s the absence of consent – from either parent – that defines child abduction.
If your child has been abducted, contact us immediately. After an initial consultation, if instructed, we will act quickly on your behalf and where appropriate, make an immediate application for public funding to pay for your case. We can also, in certain circumstances, defend proceedings issued against you if you are the alleged abducting parent.