What are Inheritance & Estate Disputes?
You may wish to contest a Will if you feel it does not reflect the wishes of the deceased or there are disagreements in your family about inheritance.
You may be a close family member of someone who has died and you have not been provided for under the terms of the Will or the rules of intestacy.
You may be an Executor or Administrator dealing with an Estate facing a dispute regarding the Estate and need advice, support or assistance.
- The Will was not executed properly and therefore invalid
- A claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 – where the deceased did not provide enough for the Dependant
- Someone coerced the deceased into making the Will
- Disputes with Executors or Administrators
- The Will is factually incorrect
- You were made a promise by the deceased, which you relied upon
- The deceased did not have mental capacity when they made the Will
- The Will has been lost
If you're not sure if we can cover your case, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us and we can discuss your specific needs.
How can we help?
Due to our extensive experience in this area – whether you are bringing a claim or defending a claim we can help.
What can I expect to happen?
If a claim is brought against the estate it must be within 6 months from the date of the grant of probate or letters of administration.
In reality there are 2 main claims against any estate:
- Under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- There are alleged problems with the Will which may mean it is not enforceable
In some circumstances where there is no Will the rules of intestacy will apply.
The process can sometimes be long due to the complexity of the case. Each case is different and you will be advised at your initial consultation on what to expect and how your case will progress.
How much will it cost me?
It is not possible for us to offer a fixed fee for this service. However you will be advised of a no-commitment cost at your free consultation.
Want to speak to someone? Call our team on 0114 358 3134
Come in for a consultation!
To go through your case face to face simply book an appointment using the button below.Book an appointment today